Tuesday, October 22, 2013

luxe and lovely laundry room

hello,

For today's post, I wanted to share some images of a friend's laundry room that I had the good fortune to help design.

My client and friend, Tracy, wanted a light and fresh space that was both uplifting and relaxing. As this was one of my first "official" design projects, I must confess to feeling a bit of apprehension prior to beginning this task. However, once we began selecting the materials, choosing the refreshing palette, and incorporating some natural elements (Calacatta marble backsplash and a linen roman blind), my mind was put to rest and I couldn't wait to see the space come together.




Cabinetry is by Lumsden Custom Cabinetry. Upper cabinets are
painted 2121-70 "Chantilly Lace" by Benjamin Moore. 




Construction and installation by Ashford Contracting Group.  Wall colour is
2123-60 "sea foam" by Benjamin Moore. 





A smooth and seamless Caesarstone countertop creates a pretty and practical surface
for folding (NOT for airing out hockey equipment, ok Paul?) The lower
cabinets are painted CC-548 "Asphalt" by Benjamin Moore. 



Roman blind sewing is by the talented Lisa Sinclair and the fabric can be
 found through Tonic Living




Contrary to the belief of some, this image shows that a solid surface countertop can be paired both beautifully and harmoniously with natural stone. 




Natural elements from the sea play up the "organic" vibe of the space and serve as budget-friendly accessories. 




This pretty brushed nickel three-light pendant is from The Home Depot.


And a very special thank you to my AMAZING photographer, Sarah Leeman of Bean Shoots Photography for capturing the images perfectly. 


Darn it! Why do I have this sudden urge to do laundry? If this room could be found in my home, I don't think that anyone in my family would ever run out of clean socks. 

Have a great evening, 

Kerry 


3 comments:

  1. *gasp* It's a beautiful room, Kerry!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my friend! It sure was a fun space to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Could you please share the name of the silestone that you used and the colour of gray on the cabinets??

    ReplyDelete